Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A little about my adventure...


Well, I had a good weekend at the card show, and I have gotten away from the prospecting hobby a little bit and found some new resolve to get back into it. Since I have a few bucks in the paypal account I figured Id use it to buy some PC items and some prospects I'm either very high on or can make a quick flip because i just got that good of a deal. Along the way i'll tell how I got the card, about my experiences at shows buying or selling or hanging out with cool people and LCS owners that make up my hobby experience.

The rules will be this...All cards are paid for in cash, Paypal or trade. Current SV will be used at my discretion for trades. Will scan each card and allocate costs accordingly and fairly if I buy in a lot. Since I am buying cards and am paying for delivery, my sale prices will include delivery as well. It will make it easier to track that way instead of calculating ebay fees and shipping fees on everything. All money invested into this project will roll over...that is...if I buy a card for this and then sell it...all the proceeds will go to into the bank or into buying more cards. Hopefully this will snowball and when im done i'll have an impressive collection and have some $$$ made in profits! There are no rules about how long I must hold a card. I can flip it the next day if I want to or hold it for the duration.

Did pretty well to start out with a pickup of a 2009 Bowman Sterling Lot for $20. For the 20 spot I got a Zack Wheeler base auto, a Bobby Borchering base auto, a Wilmer Font Gold refractor #/50 and a Julio Teheran ref #/199. Scan is below. The Teheran was in a $1 box and i've already flipped it for $6.

So so far in the project I have bought 4 cards, sold 1. Spent $20 and made $6 back already. At the bottom of My posts it will look like this....I will periodically post a spreadsheet or something of that nature so that this can be kept up with.

BOUGHT:4 CURRENT INV.:3 SOLD:1 $SPENT:$20 $MADE:$6 PROFIT:$5

No comments:

Post a Comment